Serve as the leader of a tree care crew with primary responsibility
to assess and manage job sites in performance of required ground,
climbing, and aerial lift duties. Maintains close working relationships with Consulting Arborists and Territory Managers
What you’ll be doing (not limited to):
- Making and maintaining client contact during all aspects of work order.
- pruning and removing trees.
- Installation of tree support systems.
- Start of the day duties, including vehicle inspections, reporting and participating in territory meetings,
- Developing strategy and delegating crew responsibilities around all aspects of tree removal, pruning, inspecting to execute jobs safely and accurately
- Uphold our company value of safety by using necessary tools properly and following all safety protocols
- Perform end of the day duties including reporting of any liability or unresolved work items, accurate recording of crew member hours worked, safety and maintenance of all vehicles and equipment used by crew members
- Provide mentoring to trainees as requested
- Safe operation and maintenance of variety of aerial lifts
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in professional climbing role
- Enthusiastic, open minded, and a willingness to learn
- An industrial athlete with a great attitude and LOVE of trees
- A valid driver’s license is required, CDL would be a plus!
- Experience with proper pruning practices including large shade trees and ornamentals
- Ability to properly identify tree and shrub species, and have a working knowledge of each species’ characteristics
- Experience with tree care safety standards
- Practical knowledge of chainsaw and equipment operation
- Experience with aerial lifts (bucket truck)
- Electrical hazard identification
What you’ll love about your job:
We provide lots of training and development opportunities, we highly encourage and empower personal growth, and will help support you along the way! We promote from within.
Safety is our number one priority here at Heartwood, you will get to work alongside some of the best trained tree care professionals, with some of the best equipment our industry has to offer.
We offer great compensation, based on experience and skill level, and benefits, including health and dental, paid time off, 401(K) savings plan, Flex Spending plan, and an annual allowance for boots and chainsaw pants. Paid Continuing Education, including ISA Certification, CTSP, EHAP, First Aid, and CPR
What our current employees have to say:“ The A Climber/ Crew Leader position allows for series of job site problem solving and educating and managing the crew members in a very fast paced and exciting environment. This is a high responsibility role!” – Ryan T.
What your career path will look like:
*This position naturally flows into Consulting Arborist or Territory Manager