Serve as member of a tree care crew with primary responsibility
to climb, inspect and perform routine tree work, assisting in the performance of all services.
What you’ll be doing (not limited to):
- Safe daily production including, but not limited to tree climbing, pruning and tree removal
- Gear and Pre-climb inspections
- Safe climbing techniques, limb walking, proper work positioning, rope installation
- You would work directly with the crew leader
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a professional climbing role
- Enthusiastic, open minded, and a willingness to learn
- An industrial athlete with a great attitude and LOVE of trees
- A valid driver’s license is required, CDL would be a plus!
- Experience with proper pruning practices including large shade trees and ornamentals
- Ability to properly identify tree and shrub species, and have a working knowledge of each species’ characteristics
- Ability to climb without spurs
- Experience with tree care safety standards
- Practical knowledge of chainsaw and equipment operation
- Experience with aerial lifts (bucket truck)
What you’ll love about your job:
We provide lots of training and development opportunities, we highly encourage and empower personal growth, and will help support you along the way! We promote from within.
Safety is our number one priority here at Heartwood, you will get to work alongside some of the best trained tree care professionals, with some of the best equipment our industry has to offer.
We offer great compensation, based on experience and skill level, and benefits, including health and dental, paid time off, 401(K) savings plan, Flex Spending plan, and an annual allowance for boots and chainsaw pants. Paid Continuing Education, including ISA Certification, CTSP, EHAP, First Aid, and CPR
What your career path will look like:
*This position naturally flows into A Climber Crew Leader