Serve as member of a tree care crew with primary responsibility to support the climber in operations and assist in the performance of other services. The Groundsman role is the “Roots” of our tree care positions, supporting the climbing staff while keeping the ground level job site safe, organized and secure.
What you’ll be doing (not limited to):
- Hauling brush and wood from the work area to the fleet vehicle
- Assisting the tree climber by running ropes on the ground
- Using various hand and power tools
- Making sure the job site is left neat and tidy
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Enthusiastic, open minded, and a willingness to learn
- An industrial athlete with a great attitude and LOVE of trees
- A valid driver’s license is required, CDL would be a plus!
- The ability to work with a variety of crew members
- Physically strong and able to work in extreme weather conditions
- To be able to carry out instructions efficiently and complete all maintenance tasks to the highest standard
- Understanding the importance of safety, and maintaining a professional image
- The ability to learn and understand the ANSI Z133 safety standards
What you’ll love about your job:
We provide lots of training and development opportunities, we highly encourage and empower personal growth, and will help support you along the way! We promote from within.
Safety is our number one priority here at Heartwood, you will get to work alongside some of the best trained tree care professionals, with some of the best equipment our industry has to offer.
We offer great compensation, based on experience and skill level, and benefits, including health and dental, paid time off, 401(K) savings plan, Flex Spending plan, and an annual allowance for boots and chainsaw pants. Paid Continuing Education, including ISA Certification, CTSP, EHAP, First Aid, and CPR
What our current employees have to say: “The Groundsman position is a great way to learn our industry from the ground up. Heartwood has invested in my career growth through training, education and opportunities to work with advanced tree professionals. I’m well on my way to the tops of the trees through certifications and experience with many different aspects of tree care and preservation”. – Stephen Wilson
What your career path will look like:
*This position naturally flows into either Plant Health Care Technician OR C Climber (Support)