Sales Consultant – Job Description
At Heartwood Tree, our Sales Consultants are the frontline of Heartwood’s customer experience. As such, Consultants play a pivotal role in shaping how our clients perceive our unique brand.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) paired with good listening skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Resourcefulness, attentiveness, detailed-orientation with an ability to learn new systems and processes in a high-paced environment
- Utilize sales process tools, software, and other technologies to streamline the process for clients
- Account management skills; familiarity with a sales funnel, quotas, reporting and tracking
- Ability to type 40 words per minute; familiarity with mobile and desktop computing systems to include but not limited to Google Suite, messaging management (phone or email).
- Extensive knowledge of General Tree Work and Plant Health Care
- ISA Certified Arborist, TRAQ (ability to become TRAQ qualified within 6 months)
What you’ll be doing (not limited to):
This role is primarily responsible for visiting with residential clients and prospects, evaluating their tree and plant health care needs and providing estimates in a timely and professional manner. Sales Consultants are trusted advisors for the property owner and often become an integral part of the environment you will service.
- Diagnose and educate clients based on their tree and plant health care needs in accordance with industry standards (ANSI A300).
- Provide well written estimates to include scope of work and directives for Operations and/or Clients.
- Supervise work performed as needed, checking in with crews and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Communicate any invoices changes with Finance or scope of work changes with Operations.
- Problem solving with clients and internal staff according to company policy.
- Touch base with clients post work performed on any outstanding issues and/or balances.
- Correspond with clients with urgency, maintain and grow positive client relationships.
- Achieve personal sales goals and quotas.
- Attend sales meetings and training sessions.
- Keep your own personal sales records and notes necessary to maintain an organized account of dealings with prospects, clients and others.
- Work outdoors under varying and sometimes adverse weather conditions.
What you’ll enjoy:
- Giving talks before garden clubs, community groups or other allied organizations to promote good will and sales.
- Participating actively in other such professional, trade or civic organizations that benefit the industry, the company, the individual and the public.
- Health Care benefits
- Performance Bonuses when available
- Clothing Allowance
- Professional Dues/Educational Opportunity
- Company Vehicle and Fuel
Salary Range –
Salary range varies based on sales experience and/or quota.